Monday, December 19, 2011

skeeter

Can I just tell you how much I loved this character?
I connected with her courage and sense of right apart from what society told her. That society even consisting of close family and friends. I loved it so much that I bought the book and am reading it during this lovely holiday vacation.
It also made me want to write... So I started my own book. :)

highlights:
Stuart Whitworth: Isn't that what all you girls from Ole Miss major in - professional husband hunting?

Charlotte Phelan: Your eggs are dying. Would it kill you to go on a date?

Stuart Whitworth: I've never met a woman that says exactly what she's thinking.
Eugenia 'Skeeter' Phelan: Well, I got plenty to say.

Aibileen Clark: You a Godless woman! Ain't you tired, Miss Hilly? Ain't you tired?

Aibileen Clark: You is kind. You is smart. You is important

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely loved this movie, and yes I did cry like a little baby during most the whole thing. lol :)

    ReplyDelete