Thursday, January 26, 2012

in a cloud of words

I think it is safe to say that this semester will be characterized primarily by reading. All the time. Yes I am that sorry soul that lugs a pack of text to school every day, please wave as you pass. I've enjoyed it, but it definitely is a strong contrast to last semester.I just hope I can remember something from the mass of words forming.

Works/authors I've especially enjoyed so far:

The Relation-Alvar De Vaca

Anne Bradstreet

"The Dream of the Rood"

"The Wanderer"

"The Second Shepherd's Play"

"The Princess: Tears, Idle Tears"

"Personal Narrative"-Jonathan Edwards

I also just read Hamlet for the upteenth time. Love you Hammy boy (yes we are on a first name basis), but I wouldn't really mind studying Shakespeare's other works. The one plus is exchanging better known lines from the play with my Father such as:

"Neither a borrower nor a lender be"
"Something is rotten in the state of Denmark"
"Oh that this too too solid flesh would melt"
"Frailty thy name is woman"
"How now? A rat? Dead, for a ducat, dead!"

I particularly like the third. It make miserable moments so much more enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment